- Real estate signs are allowed in all zoning districts
- Sign cannot be illuminated
- Signs cannot exceed 8 square feet or 4 square feet per sign face per lot in residential zoning districts
- Sign cannot exceed 64 square feet or 32 square feet per sign face per lot in nonresidential zoning districts.
- Cannot exceed a height of five feet in residential zoning districts or 10 feet in nonresidential zoning districts.
- Signs shall be removed within 24 hours after the sale or lease of the property.
- Signs at multiple locations require a permit for a master real estate sign. All signs displayed under this permit must be of identical designs, dimensions, and made of the same construction materials.
- Real estate signs are permitted in all zones as long as they are located on the property in which they apply to
- Real estate Maximum Size Requirements: Four square feet in area for the first 10,000 square feet in lot area plus 4 square feet for each additional 10,000 square feet of lot area, not to exceed a total sign size of32 square feet.
- Real estate signs shall be removed upon closing of the sale.
- Lot-specific real estate signs advertising the sale of a lot within a subdivision are permitted under the following requirements: No more than one sign per entrance into the subdivision, each sign shall be no greater than 32 square feet in area, no greater than 8 feet in height, must be removed by the max period of three years.
- Open house real estate signs may be located within the street right-of-way between the curb and sidewalk, but for no longer than 48 hours before the open house, and four hours after the event concludes.
- Open house real estate signs shall be placed so that no part of the sign is closer to the roadway than three feet from the back of the curb and shall not be placed within a gravel shoulder.
- No signage is allowed within the landscaped areas at street intersections
- No signage shall be placed so that it obscures said landscaped areas.
- Signs placed in the street right-of-way are posted at the risk of the sign owner. These signs may be removed at will and disposed of without notice by the lot owner or by City staff.
- Permits are required for temporary real estate signs that are over 4 square feet in area, but not for those up to 4 square feet in area.
Cedar Rapids (no changes found / no updates)
- Signs shall not be placed on City property unless otherwise permitted
- Signs shall not be placed within a visual clearance area.
- Signs for active real estate listings shall be removed no later than 10 days after the closing date of a sale or rental or lease agreement has been signed or the date the property is taken off the market.
- Active real estate listing signs shall have a maximum surface area of 16 square feet and a maximum height of 6 feet. There shall be 1 sign for each street frontage of the lot.
Tiffin (no changes found / no updates)
- One “For Sale” or “For Rent” sign per zoning lot, not more than nine square feet in area. Corner lots may have one (1) additional sign. Such signs must be removed within seven days after the sale, rental or lease has been accomplished.
- For each real estate subdivision that has been approved in accordance with the Tiffin Subdivision Regulations, there may be one sign located on some portion of the property being offered for sale. This sign may not be more than 300 square feet in area. One additional similar sign may be permitted for each one 100 lots in the subdivision in the zone where they are located. These signs may be permitted only during the time some portion of the land offered for sale remains unsold and an active sales program is underway. Permits for such signs are required and may be issued for a one year period and may be renewed for additional one year periods to allow time for reasonable display
- In residential zones, the house numbers and names used may be as large as possible yet fit within a sign that is not less than nor more than two square feet in total area
Iowa City (no changes found / no updates)
- In residential zones the maximum sign area is 4 square feet and maximum height is 5 feet.
- In nonresidential zones the maximum sign area is 32 square feet and maximum height is 10 feet.
- No permit is required.o1 nonilluminated sign is permitted per principal building that is for sale, rent or lease.
- Only allowed as a temporary sign located in the yard or in the window. Sign cannot be affixed to buildings, fences, flagpoles or other permanent structures.
- Must be removed within 48 hours after the property, building or unit for which the sign is intended is sold, rented or leased or withdrawn from the market. For residential rental properties, real estate signs may be displayed no more than 4 months prior to the commencement of the leasing period.
Real estate development signs
- The maximum sign area is 32 square feet and maximum height is 10 feet.
- No permit is required.
- 1 nonilluminated monument sign is permitted per development of 2 acres or more.
- Shall be removed upon sale or lease of 50% of the lots or units in the development.
- These signs shall not be considered off premises’ sings, provided they are located on land that is part of the subject division or development.
Solon (no changes found / no updates)
- All temporary real estate signs can be single- or double-faced signs
- Signs advertising an individual residential unit for sale or rent shall be limited to one sign per street frontage on-site. The sign may not exceed 8square feet in area, and shall not exceed 6 feet in height.
- The sign shall be removed within 5 days after closing of the sale, lease or rental of the property.
- For an open house or similar event, portable off-premises residential directional signs announcing directions to a specific residence open house for sale or rent shall not exceed six square feet in area for each sign, and shall not exceed 42 inches in height.
- Signs shall be permitted only when the agent or seller attends the property for sale or rent and may be located on the right-of-way outside of vehicular and bicycle lanes.
- On-site commercial or industrial property for sale or rent signs shall be limited to one sign per street frontage on-site and shall not exceed 32 square feet in area. The sign shall not exceed 12 feet in height. The sign shall be removed within 30 days after closing of the sale, lease or rental of the property.
- On-site residential neighborhood or multifamily complex for sale or rent sign shall be limited to one sign per development. The sign shall not exceed 32 square feet in area and shall not exceed 12 feet in height.
- Residential on-premises informational signs for residential developments shall be limited to one sign per feature including but not limited to signs for information centers, model homes, parking areas announcing features such as parks, playgrounds, or trails. Each sign shall not exceed 16 square feet in area and shall not exceed 6 feet in height.