Search for certified and licensed REALTORS® belonging to our association.
Find a Pro
Why use a Realtor?
REALTORS® aren’t just agents. They’re professional members of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribe to its strict code of ethics. This is the REALTOR® difference for home buyers:
1. An expert guide. Selling a home usually requires dozens of forms, reports, disclosures, and other technical documents. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal and avoid delays or costly mistakes. Also, there’s a lot of jargon involved, so you want to work with a professional who can speak the language.
2. Objective information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They also have objective information about each property. REALTORS® can use that data to help you determine if the property has what you need.
3. Property marketing power. Property doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. A large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts with previous clients, friends, and family. When a property is marketed by a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
4. Negotiation knowledge. There are many factors up for discussion in a deal. A REALTOR® will look at every angle from your perspective, including crafting a purchase agreement that allows you the flexibility you need to take that next step.
5. Up-to-date experience. Most people sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each sale. Even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS® handle hundreds of transactions over the course of their career.
6. Your rock during emotional moments. A home is so much more than four walls and a roof. And for most people, property represents the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you.
7. Ethical treatment. Every REALTOR® must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a REALTOR®’s client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters.
Code of Ethics
Not all real estate agents are the same. As members of the National Association of REALTORS®, all members of Iowa City Area Association of REALTORS® must adhere to a strict code of ethics. The Code of Ethics is universally recognized as the measure of professionalism and the standard for ethical behavior across the real estate industry.
Marketing Trends / Housing Data
Iowa City Area Association of REALTORS® is proud to be the premier source of real estate information and market data in our community. Our Multiple Listing Service (MLS) collects data from over 460 REALTOR® members on properties like single-family homes, multi-family homes, commercial properties, farm properties, and lots and land.
We are pleased to provide the public with accurate and up-to-date statistics, historical data, press releases and more. Media requests, elected officials, and other entities looking for more in-depth reports are welcome to reach out to our association at firstname.lastname@example.org.