REALTORS® face job-related risks every day. Being aware of potential dangers and taking precautions will help you avoid risky situations. In an ongoing effort to keep safety top-of-mind for our members, the National Association of REALTORS and Iowa City Area Association of REALTORS dedicate September as REALTOR® Safety Month. This month, we’re bringing you two different education opportunities, free of charge. We encourage all members to sign up for at least one Safety course this month. Both classes will be virtual Zoom courses.
Monday, September 20
How to Not Get Sued: Realtor Safety for Brokers/Managers/Owners
While content will be geared towards brokers, owners, and managers of brokerages and offices, this class is open to all ICAAR members to attend. Attendees will learn:
- How to protect your physical office space, staff, agents, and equipment
- How to reduce your liability and increase retention, recruitment, and agent morale
- Create a plan for preventing and responding to workplace violence, disasters, emergency situations, fires, etc.
Friday, September 24
Prospect or Predator: Realtor Safety
Real Estate Agents face danger everyday. Knowledge, Awareness & Empowerment can be the difference between life and death. Agents will leave this class with a better understanding of their surroundings and empowered with the practical knowledge to identify and remove the things that attracts a Predator. Attendees will learn:
- Safety concerns unique to the real estate profession
- Predatory and thief behavior
- How to deter a predator
- Safety measures and tools
Additionally, ICAAR has made a donation this month to the Beverly Carter Foundation in honor of Realtor Safety.
You can register for both courses under ICAAR’s Education and Events tab.